The United States Footwear Manufacturers Association (USFMA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) association founded in 1986 to protect and enhance the footwear industry’s manufacturing base in the United States. USFMA members include both domestic footwear manufacturers as well as domestic suppliers. As a whole, the domestic footwear manufacturing industry employs more than 12,000 U.S. workers.
The Mission of USFMA is Clear
- Defend the domestic manufacturing of footwear through fair trade, strong manufacturing policies, and programs that protect the industrial base.
- Defend a “protected list” of sensitive items as defined by the United States International Trade Commission (USITC).
- Protect and expand the Berry Amendment and other federal statutes and policies that require our military and other uniformed federal employees to wear domestically manufactured footwear.
- Provide a voice for the domestic footwear industry to the Executive and Legislative Branches of the United States Government.
- Promote policies that protect and expand the domestic footwear manufacturing industry.